Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The TeeVee of Mouse

Today I wandered through the Frank Wells Building, drinking up the positive vibes of artists who are working on a long-term success story: Phineus and Ferb.

"We've got work well into next year, and then hopefully the Channel [Disney Channel] will pick the show up for another season" ... "I know how lucky I am having a long-term job because lots of people I know don't ..."

Disney TVA has got more projects in the hopper than they did a few months ago. Over at Disney TVA Sonora (the Glendale studio sitting on the edge of the old Grand Central Airport), TeamPirate is in work and Secret Agent Oso (soon to roll into its second season), has moved (I'm told) from the Frank Wells Building on the main lot to Glendale.

A staffer said to me that there are other projects in development and that "cartoon production is going to turn around, it always does."

I just want to know when.  Because live action, even on the the Disney Channel, doesn't have the shelf life of top drawer animation.

4 comments:

Sheriff Woody said...

Hey Steve, did they ever announce that project you said you looked at over at ToonDisney Studios? The one you said was what was being developed after Tinker Bell that would make a ton of money?

I haven't heard anything else about it, was waiting to hear what it was. You made me very curious to see what Lasseter has up his sleeve.

Anonymous said...

On Smodcast, Scott Mosier announced he sold a pilot to Disney TVA

Steve Hulett said...

I haven't heard anything else about it, was waiting to hear what it was. You made me very curious to see what Lasseter has up his sleeve.

I ain't going to break any news here about the next dvd-features beyond the Tinkster.

Sorry.

Nomanisan said...

The Tink movies are going on for the next four years. Are we going to have to wait four years to see what they're working on or will it be something that comes out along with Tinker Bell?

Site Meter