Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Around Nickelodeon

I spent a lengthy stretch of the afternoon at Nickelodeon Cartoon Studios on Monday. Quite a bit going on over there ...

Artists are putting up an elaborate Halloween walk through with sculputres, wall hangings, and things that go bump in the night. (It looks to me as if it's more elaborate than last year's offering, and that was elaborate. ...)

Nick's rebooted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is well along. I looked at character designs pinned to the wall. They're zesty and fun. One of the artists related:

"Nick is going back to the original comics for the shows. I've seen some final renders on the turtles and they look feature quality. They want to get a lot of edgy action into the shows, yet at the same time keep it fun, and kid-friendly.:

I guess we'll find out how well Viacom succeeds when the show rolls out in 2013.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the animation for the new Turtles being done here or overseas?

Anonymous said...

I'll take a guess...YES!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for something original, a show featuring new characters, new situations, new plots. But maybe that's too much to ask for these days.

Site Meter